More party food! The easiest possible party food, really. Four ingredients, one of which comes out of a can. Make at least a double recipe, or you’ll regret it. That is all. 🙂
Not quite all. I originally found the recipe at Steamy Kitchen, but so many people have posted this recipe that I’m sure you could find a tasty one anywhere. Okay, I’m done. NOW go make these. 😀
Crispy Roasted Chickpeas
- Preheat oven to 400. If making all party food at same time, leave oven heated to 400.
- Open two cans of chickpeas and drain into colander. Rinse. Thoroughly. Bounce around a bit to make sure it’s thorough.
- Line rimmed cookie sheet with paper towels. Pour chickpeas onto towels and spread into single layer. Pat dry with another paper towel. Roll around with top paper towel to loosen skins. Discard skins and paper towels once chickpeas are mostly dry.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Bake for somewhere between 30 and 50 minutes or until crispy and almost almond-brown. Outside will be crispy, inside will be fluffy and delicious.
- Sprinkle with salt and spices of choice (current example: onion powder and a little dash of chili powder). Toss to coat, and serve. Watch them be crunched up in an hour. Grin.